Seller RTO Policy
This RTO Policy (" Policy") is applicable to such Shipment dispatched by the Seller (hereinafter referred to as " you") which is undelivered to the Buyer by Tradesala E-Commerce Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as 'Tradesala'/ ' we'/ ' us' etc.) or our third party logistics partner.
I. Delivery of Shipment to Buyer:
- In certain exceptional scenarios where the Buyer has entered wrong pin code or provided incorrect delivery address or delivery location is in a non-serviceable zone, i.e. where we are not able to deliver due to unforeseen circumstances or service unavailability, for such Shipments we will not attempt delivery to Buyer and the same will be deemed as 'RTO' and returned to you.
II. Return of undelivered Shipment to you:
- Despite our reasonable efforts to deliver the Shipment to the Buyer, in some cases, there may be a delivery failure for various reasons, including without limitation, Buyer refuses to take delivery of the Shipment, Buyer is unavailable at the delivery address to receive the Shipment, Buyer does not have enough cash to make payment for the Shipment, Buyer is not reachable at the time of delivery, or requests for future delivery attempts, and includes the reasons mentioned above. For the purposes of this Policy, such undelivered shipments or returned to origin shipment are referred to as 'RTO'.
- In case of non-delivery of the product, Tradesala shall return the product to the seller on an ‘as is’ basis i.e. in the same condition collected from you. Tradesala shall insist to its logistics partners that they shall ensure adequate measures are being taken to protect the goods from any damage or tampering. However, in case if the goods are found in tampered or damaged, neither Tradesala nor the logistic service provider shall be responsible for any loss arising out of tampering or damaged product.
- It is clarified that shipment in scan date (i.e. date when we pick up the shipment from you to be delivered to the Buyer) will be considered as day '0' ("Pick Up Date"). In case of any delay in delivery of shipment to you due to any force majeure event or reasons beyond our reasonable control, the timelines mentioned here shall stand extended and we will endeavour to update and send you communication along with the updated timelines for delivery of the RTO.
- In case of non-food product(s) once the status has been updated to RTO on the Platform, we will endeavour to deliver the undelivered shipments to you within 15 (fifteen) days from the date the shipment was marked RTO on the Platform. In the event, we fail to deliver the undelivered shipments to you within the aforementioned timelines, you may raise a request with us on the Platform to check the status. We will respond to you with a status update within seven (7) days from the date of receipt of your query and update you about the extended timelines (if any). In case of any delay in delivery of shipment to you due to any force majeure event or reasons beyond our reasonable control the timelines mentioned here shall stand extended and we will endeavour to update and send you communication along with the updated timelines for delivery of the RTO.
- You or your representative while accepting the delivery of RTO will be required to sign and attach seal of your company/ LLP/ firm, as the case maybe, on the proof of delivery ("POD"). If you find the shipment to be damaged or tampered with or not in a good condition, please write on POD and get in touch with our customer support to raise your concern or grievance within seventy-two (72) hours from the receipt of delivery of RTO.
- Any POD without your or your representatives' signatures and seal of your company/ LLP/ firm will not be considered while investigating into and validating the claims raised by you.
III. Refusal to accept RTO:
If despite reasonable efforts from our end to deliver the RTO to you, you refuse to take delivery of the RTO or we are unable to deliver the RTO, you agree and acknowledge that we shall be entitled to move the RTO. We shall not be liable to refund the invoice value for the said shipment We shall not entertain any claims brought by you with respect to such RTO and you agree that you shall not be entitled to receive any or amount under RTO.
IV. Claims Process:
- You can raise your grievances/ concerns with respect to the RTO within seventy-two (72) hours from receipt of delivery of the RTO to you, failing which the RTO shall be deemed as accepted by you without any damage or fault. Any grievances/ concerns received from you beyond the aforesaid timeline shall not be entertained by us.
- For non-food products, if the status on the Platform shows 'in transit' beyond a period of 21 days from the Pick Up date, you may raise a request for status update on the platform. We will endeavour to respond to you within 7 (seven) days from the date of receipt of your query and update you about the extended timelines (if any).
- You will need to raise your concerns/ grievances with respect to the RTO directly to our customer support. You can contact our customer support through the chat available on the support section on the website or use our customer support number or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour that your issue is resolved within 7 days from the date of escalation.
- Upon receipt of your complaint or dispute on the Platform, our returns dispute team will get in touch with you to resolve your concerns or disputes in accordance with our internal policies as may be amended and communicated to you from time to time. Please take note that only claims for such Shipments that meet our packaging guidelines will be entertained.
- You agree to co-operate with us while investigating into the claim raised by you and provide us necessary documents or information which we may require to investigate into the issue or concern raised by you within forty-eight (48) hours from requesting such document/ information. You further agree that our decision with respect to the investigation shall be final and binding on you.
- We may require certain documents/ information from your end in
support of your claim, at the time of raising a claim or post submission
of your claim. These documents/proof in support of your claim may,
include without limitation:
- Unpacking/ normal video clip indicating the issues in the RTO. The video clip needs to capture all sides of the package, return ID, AWB/EWB number, shipping label, quantity of the returned product, damages in the Product, IMEI number (in case of smartphones), any tampering with the outer box etc. We may also ask for the CCTV footage of the unpacking video;
- Copy of the invoice raised by you to the Buyer;
- Images of the damaged / wrong product received. Images capturing all the sides of the product needs to be provided;
- Packing video of the Order when it was being prepared to be shipped to the Buyer, if required.
- For mobile phones and smartphones:
- Image of the packet id on the flyer received;
- IMEI number of the missing/damaged smartphone or wrong smartphone received;
- GST invoice copy of the Products raised to the Buyer.
- We reserve the right to reject your dispute, if we in our opinion become
suspicious or become aware of any misuse of this Policy or the Platform
by you or where you are marked as a "Flagged Seller". For the purposes
of this Policy, Flagged Seller shall mean to include:
- any Seller that misuses the Platform in any manner whatsoever;
- any Seller who disputes frequently, where such disputes are found to be non-genuine or suspicious; and/or
- any Seller who has been found to be in non-compliance of the Terms and other returns policies that may be communicated to the Seller, from time to time.
you are advised to review this seller RTO policy periodically for any changes. Any changes to this seller RTO policy are binding and effective when they are posted on this page.